(A Government of India Undertaking)
- 1989 BIBCOL was established by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt.of India as a Central Public Sector Unit and incorporated under the Company’s Act 1956.
- 1989 About 30 young scientists and technologists from the field of Microbiology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Biochemical Engineering were recruited by DBT and trained in the field of vaccine production and quality control in reputed institutes in India and a specialized training at the Institute of Poliomyelitis and Viral Encephalitis, Moscow, Russia.
- 1994 BIBCOL went public and the shares of the company were listed in Delhi, Mumbai and Kanpur stock exchanges.
- 1996 The company started formulating OPV from bulk since January 1996.
- 1999 The company acquired WHO-GMP certification.
- 2000 BIBCOL bagged an order from UNICEF as well as from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt.of India for a total of 170 million doses.
- 2001 The company bagged another larger order of 270 million doses from UNICEF as well as from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt.of India.
- 2004 Due to the extensive restructuring with in the company, BIBCOL achieved a turn over of Rs.53.25 crores during the fiscal year 2004-2005 and has earned a net profit of 132.44 lacs for the first time against the loss pf Rs.3.14 crores during the previous fiscal year 2003-2004.
- 2005 For the first time, the company has signed a MoU with DBT for the fiscal year 2005-2006. The OPV plant at Chola, Bulandshahr has supplied about 1016 million doses of OPV to the National Immunization Program so far. During the year 2004-2005, 120 million doses were formulated and supplied to NIP, capturing nearly 60 percent of the total market share of polio vaccines in the country.
- 2006 The company has secured a place among the Top 20 Bio tech companies in the country through its commendable performance.
- Summarised Milestone:-
Registration of Company
Commercial production of Polio vaccine
Through Imported Bulk
Registered with BIFR
For Financial Restructuring
WHO GMP Certification for OPV
Orders were received from MOHFW & UNICEF
BIFR Process completed
Facility Upgradation started
- Upgradation of OPV facility completed
- Diversifiaction from Pharmaceutical
- Production and sales started
- Introduction of Zinc dispersible tablet
Licensing of Monovalent Oral Polio Vaccine type -1, 2 & 3.
Sales of Zinc Tablet only. No order for OPV.
Introduction of Diarrhea management kit
BIBCOL bagged substantial order from MOHFW for supply of Oral Polio Vaccine for national immunization programme
Revenue from operation increased to Rs. 46 crore as compare to Rs. 2.55 crore of previous year.
First time BIBCOL bagged full order of MOHFW for supply of Oral Polio Vaccine for national immunization programme
Revenue from operation increased to Rs. 173 crore as compare to Rs. 46 crore of previous year.
Again BIBCOL bagged full order of MOHFW for supply of Oral Polio Vaccine for national immunization programme