Losing your Fire Stick remote can be frustrating, but there’s no need to panic. In this user-friendly guide, we’ll walk you through the process of unpairing, pairing, and troubleshooting your Fire Stick remote. Whether you’re dealing with lost remotes, connectivity problems, or just want to understand how to manage your Fire Stick’s remote options, we’ve got you covered. We’ve simplified the steps, so you can get back to enjoying your favorite content in no time.
Have you borrowed a friend’s remote and need to unpair it? Or perhaps you’ve lost your original Fire Stick remote and want to pair a new one? We’ve got you covered.
Unpairing Your Remote
- If you only have one Fire Stick remote, you’ll need another device to pair it with. Unplug your Fire Stick and pair the remote with the new device by following the pairing steps below.
- If you have two remotes and want to unpair one, use the other remote to navigate to “Settings” > “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices” > “Amazon Fire TV Remotes.” Choose the remote to unpair, press the ☰ button on the remote you want to keep paired, and you’re good to go
Pairing Your Remote
- If you’ve just unboxed a new Fire Stick remote, press the Play/Pause button on it to pair it with your Fire Stick remote.
- If you have a Fire TV Cube and the remote isn’t paired using the Fire TV Orange Light, follow the steps below to pair it with your device.
- To pair a new/replacement Fire Stick remote for your existing device, follow these steps:
– Turn off your Fire Stick remote.
– Ensure the batteries are correctly inserted.
– Turn on your Fire Stick remote. The home screen will load in a minute.
– If you can use the Fire Stick remote at this point, it’s automatically paired. If not, press and hold the HOME button for 10-20 seconds. A message will pop up on the screen indicating the Fire Stick remote is paired.
- To pair an additional Fire Stick remote, navigate to the home screen, select “Settings,” then “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices” > “Amazon Fire TV Remotes.” Choose “Add New Remote,” and your TV will search for an unpaired remote. Press and hold the HOME button on the remote you wish to pair for around 10 seconds. Select it using the existing paired remote, and you’re good to go.
When Should You Unpair Your Remote
Unpair your Fire Stick remote when it’s already paired with another device, or if your Fire Stick has connectivity issues or isn’t responding to button presses. Don’t rush to buy a new Fire Stick remote if it stops working; consider Fire Stick replacement remotes. Proper battery insertion and minimizing obstructions between the remote and your Fire Stick can resolve many issues.
Final Thoughts on Unpairing a Fire Stick Remote
Unpairing and pairing your Fire Stick remote is simpler than it might seem. If you encounter difficulties, ensure the batteries are correctly inserted, and check for obstructions between the remote and your Fire Stick. For those who prefer remote-free streaming, you can control your Fire Stick with the Fire TV app or an Alexa-powered speaker on the same Wi-Fi network. If you encounter any issues, Amazon’s Fire TV Support Page provides comprehensive troubleshooting. Stay connected to your favorite content and make the most of your Fire Stick experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my Fire Stick remote?
To reset a basic edition remote, hold the Home button and press the Menu button thrice. Release the Home button, press the Menu button nine times, remove the batteries, unplug the Fire Stick, and reinsert the batteries after a minute. When the home screen appears, press the Home button for around 40 seconds.
How do I pair a new Fire Stick remote without the old one?
Install the Fire TV app and navigate to Settings on the Fire Stick. Under “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices” > “Amazon Fire TV Remotes,” choose “Add New Remote” and select the remote you wish to pair.
How do I pair a new Fire Stick remote without WiFi?
Press and hold the ☰ button, Back button, and left side of the navigational circle until you can select “Go to Network Settings” using the remote. Your Fire Stick Remote is now paired.
What do I do if I lost my Fire Stick remote?
You can use the Amazon Fire TV app to navigate your Fire TV interface or control your Fire Stick with an Alexa-powered speaker on the same Wi-Fi network. If these options don’t work, consider using a wired/wireless keyboard and mouse with your Fire Stick instead of a remote.